About MOVE Outreach India
MOVE Outreach India is a collaboration between IEEE MOVE (Mobile Operations VEhicle) and IEEE India Council to provide emergency relief committed to assisting victims of natural disasters with short-term communications, computer, and power solutions. These temporary emergency relief provisions help those affected stay connected and make sure they can access the help they need. Services include phone charging, internet & communications support, and lighting to disaster victims.
MOVE Outreach India intends to
- have a disaster relief vehicle with appropriate technological solutions to facilitate the coordination between multiple disaster management agencies.
- provide communications and power to the partner organizations and other disaster relief agencies in a designated area of operations when power and communication’s infrastructure are adversely impacted in case of any disasters.
- support STEM education as well as Disaster training and public visibility activities of IEEE within the areas of operation, when the vehicle is not deployed on disaster management assignments.
MOVE Outreach India has clearly defined objectives.
- Provide emergency/disaster assistance to affected partner organizations within the designated deployment areas
- Use our platform as a tool for enhancing STEM literacy among targeted schools and Disaster management training programs
- Raise public visibility and appreciation of IEEE, the technical profession, and the contributions of engineers in advancing technology for humanity
- Engage IEEE members/volunteers in collaborative efforts, generating positive volunteer experiences that drive member satisfaction, membership growth and retention
- Raise funds through donations and gifts, contributions in kind and grants to make MOVE India project operationally self-sustainable under IEEE India Council
MOVE Outreach India is a part of the MOVE International Program originally created within IEEE USA. The MOVE USA program just completed 5 successful years of providing emergency relief in many natural disasters including Hurricanes Ida (2021), Delta, Sally, Laura (2020) and many others going back to Hurricane Hermine in 2016. MOVE has also provided emergency relief in many floods in Lousiana, Tennessee, Florida and North Carolina.
MOVE Outreach India is entirely funded by donations and run by volunteers. Please donate, volunteer or partner with us and help make a difference
IEEE India Council
An umbrella organisation which coordinates IEEE activities in India. Its primary aim is to assist and coordinate the activities of local “Sections”, in order to benefit mutually, and avoid duplication of effort and resources.
Know more about IEEE India Council here
MOVE Community Outreach, an IEEE-USA Initiative, is an emergency relief program committed to assisting victims of natural disasters with short-term communications, computer, and power solutions.
Know more about MOVE USA here
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.
Know more about IEEE here